Solar Panel 100Wp | 12Vdc | Polycrystalline | Dimension: 670x970x30mm
Prostar PPS100W renewable energy 12 volts poly solar panel 100 watts (sometimes called polycrystalline solar panels) is made from polycrystalline solar cells, but polycrystalline solar cells are cheaper to make than monocrystalline cells. To make a polycrystalline ingot, you simply melt a load of silicon and then pour the molten liquid into a big box where it solidifies. This is a lot simpler than growing a monocrystalline ingot on a multi million dollar crystal growth machine from a tiny seed over days or weeks until you have a beautiful shiny cylinder made of a single crystal of silicon!
Prostar PPS100W renewable energy 12 volts poly solar panel 100 watts is particularly suitable for utility scale installations. Thanks to the excellent temperature coefficient, a high yield is guaranteed also at high temperatures.
The only real differences between a mono and polycrystalline solar cell are:
1) Polycrystalline solar cells are perfectly square;
2) Polycrystalline solar cells have grain boundaries (clearly visible) which slightly reduce the solar efficiency by making it a bit harder for the electrons to flow.
So does mean Prostar PPS100W renewable energy 12 volts poly solar panel 100 watts is priceinferior to monocrystalline? Not really, because the multicrystalline cells’ square shape means that when they are laid up into the panel, there is no wasted space. This makes the efficiency of a typical polycrystalline solar panel almost identical to a typical monocrystalline module these days.
Polycrystalline cells were previously thought to be inferior to Monocrystalline because they were slightly less efficient, however, because of the cheaper method by which they can be produced coupled with only slightly lower efficiencies they have become the dominant technology on the residential solar panels market.
1. Higher energy yield:
– Outstanding performance at low irradiance
– Maximum energy yield at low NOCT(dirty effect)
– Improved energy production through reduced cell series resistance
– IP67 junction box available long-term weather endurance
2. Increased system reliability:
– Enhanced system performance stability with PID resistant technology
– Tempered 3.2 mm safety glass for optimal mechanical stability and transparency
– Enhanced system reliability in extreme temperature environment with special cell level stress release technology
– Great for solar street light or off-grid applications from marine-related to dry camping
3. Extra value to customers:
– Positive power tolerance up to 5w
– No hot-spot heating guaranteed
– Salt mist, ammonia and blowing sand resistance apply
– To seaside, farm and desert environment
– 25 years linear performance warranty
Learn more about this product?
Call +86 13827733783 or request a quote.
|Maximum Power (Pmax)||100Wp|
|Maximum Power Voltage (Vmp)||18.0V|
|Maximum Power Current (Imp)||5.56A|
|Open Circuit Voltage (Voc)||22.5V|
|Short Circuit Current (Isc)||6.00A|
|Module Efficiency STC||15.39%|
|Operating Temperature Range||-40°C to +85°C|
|Maximum System Voltage||1000VDC (IEC)|
|Series Fuse Rating||15A|
|Temperature Coefficient of Pmax||-0.40%/°C|
|Temperature Coefficient of Voc||-0.30%/°C|
|Temperature Coefficient of Isc||0.05%/°C|
|Nominal Operating Cell Temperature(NOCT)||45±2°C|
|Application Class||Class A|
|Cell Type||Polycrystalline 156|
|Cell Number||36 (4×9)|
|Front Glass||3.2 mm, High Transmission, Low Iron,Tempered Glass|
|Frame Type||Anodized Aluminium Alloy|
|Junction Box Protection Class||IP 67 Rated|
|Output Cables||TUV 1×2.5 mm², Length:900 mm|
|Standard Test Conditions (STC): Irradiance 1000W/m2, AM 1.5, Cell temperature 25°C
Nominal Operating Cell Temperature (NOCT): Irradiance 800W/m2, AM 1.5, Wind Speed 1m/s, Ambient temperature 20°C